This help supports full‑text search. It is not case sensitive and it searches for variant endings. For example, if you enter the search term select, the search results will include topics containing matches such as selects, selected, and selecting.
To search for a phrase, enter the phrase surrounded by quotation marks, for example "stake out a line".
To exclude topics that include a search term, enter NOT before the term to exclude.
To retrieve only topics that contain all of the search terms, enter a space or AND between each term.
When you enter more than one search term with a space or AND between the search terms, the search retrieves the topics that contain all of the search terms you entered. For example, if you enter enable Bluetooth, the search retrieves topics that include the term enable and the term Bluetooth. The first term is highlighted in yellow, the second term is highlighted in blue, and subsequent search terms are highlighted in pale yellow.
To search for two or more terms, enter OR between the terms.
Use parentheses ( ) to combine phrases and search terms within the search query.
To browse topics you can:
- Click one of the top-level menu items above the search bar.
- Click the links in the topic list to the right of the topic text to view topics related to the current topic
- Click the "breadcrumb" links at the top of the topic to navigate back up to a topic at a higher level
- Click the arrow buttons in the topic toolbar to view the next or previous topic
If a section of text in a topic has an arrow next to it, click the text to expand that section. Click it again to collapse the section. Alternatively, click the Expand /Collapse All button in the topic toolbar to expand or collapse all sections in the topic.
The topic toolbar, at the top right of each topic provides buttons to:
- Expand or collapse all expanding sections in a topic with a single click
- Hide the highlighted search terms in a topic
- Print the topic using the connected printer
- View the next or previous topic in the help