Trimble® Roads software is a specialized Trimble Access™ application for surveying roads. Use the Roads software to:
- Upload an existing road definition.
Supported files types are Trimble, LandXML, or GENIO roads.
- Key in a road definition including horizontal and vertical alignments, templates, and superelevation and widening records.
- Review the road definition.
- Survey the road
- Generate a report for surveyed road data to check data in the field, or to transfer data from the field to your client or to the office for further processing with office software.
When starting a survey you are prompted to select the survey style you have configured for your equipment.
To switch between applications, tap the application icon in the status bar and then select the application to switch to.
To customize the terminology used in the software, tap and select Settings / Language. Select:
- Use railroad terminology if you are surveying a railroad and wish to use railroad‑specific terminology.
- Use chainage distance terminology to use the term Chainage instead of Station for the distance along the road.