To initialize on a known point
Position the rover antenna over the known point.
In an RTK survey, the known point must be a previously measured point in the current job.
In a postprocessed survey you can initialize on:
- a point measured previously in the current job
- a point that you will provide coordinates for later (before the data is postprocessed)
- Tap and select Measure and then select RTK initialization or PPK initialization.
- In the Method field, select Known Point.
- In the Point name field, select the known point from the list of points in the job.
- Enter values in the Antenna height field, and make sure that the setting in the Measured to field is correct.
- When the antenna is centered and vertical over the point, tap Start.
The controller starts to record data, and the static icon appears in the status bar. Keep the antenna vertical and stationary while data is recorded.
If you are using a GNSS receiver with a built-in tilt sensor, tap eBubble (or press Ctrl + L) to display the eBubble. When the bubble is green, tap Start to ensure that the point is measured within the predefined tilt tolerance. The tolerance is that specified for a topo point.
A message confirms when the receiver is initialized, together with the deltas from the RTK position to the known point.
If the initialization fails, the results are displayed. Tap Retry to retry the initialization.