The Electronic level screen appears automatically when you start a conventional survey. To view the screen at any time:
- Tap the instrument icon in the status bar and then tap and hold the Level button.
- Tap and select Instrument / Electronic level.
- If the instrument is not level enough in the Electronic level screen appears, you may get a tilt error. To bring the electronic level into range, use the tripod legs to level the instrument, using the tribrach circular bubble as a guide.
When the instrument appears level in the tribrach circular bubble, use the footscrews to level the instrument using the Electronic level screen as a guide.
If accuracy is important, do not disable the compensator. If you do disable the compensator, horizontal and vertical angles in the instrument are not corrected for mis‑levelment errors.
- If the instrument is a Trimble SX10 or SX12 scanning total station, you can capture a snapshot of the view through the plummet camera. Select the setting most suitable to the lighting conditions at your setup from the White balance field. See Instrument camera options.
- To automatically capture the image when you tap OK in the Electronic level screen, make sure the Auto capture snapshot option is selected in the Options screen.
- To manually capture the image, tap in the Electronic level screen.
To disable the view through the plummet camera, clear the Show video check box.
- Tap Accept.
- To perform a compensator calibration after leveling the instrument, tap Calib. See Compensator calibration.
Trimble recommends that you calibrate the compensator periodically, especially before you take precise measurements.
If Trimble Access is running on a TCU5, detach the TCU5 from the instrument before calibrating the compensator.
- Level the instrument using the Electronic level screen.
- Tap Calib.
The instrument slowly rotates through 360°.
When the calibration is complete, a success message appears.
- Tap OK.
If the calibration is unsuccessful, the message Calibration failed appears. Tap Esc. Check the instrument setup, and re‑level the instrument. Repeat the calibration. If it still fails, contact your Trimble service provider.