To determine the station elevation
In a conventional survey, use the station elevation function to determine the elevation of the instrument point by making observations to points with known elevations.
The station elevation calculation is a grid calculation. Use only points that can be viewed as grid coordinates. To calculate the station elevation you need at least one angles and distance observation to a known point, or two angles only observations to different points.
- Start a survey and perform a station set up.
Tap and select Measure / Station elevation.
The instrument point details entered during the station setup are shown.
- If you did not enter the instrument height during station setup, enter the instrument height now. Tap Accept.
- Enter the point name, code, and target details for the point with the known elevation.
- Tap Measure. Once the measurement is stored, the Point residuals screen appears.
- In the Point residuals screen, tap:
- + Point to observe additional known points
- Details to view or edit point details
- Use to enable or disable a point
- To view the station elevation result, tap Results in the Point residuals screen.
- Tap Store.
Any existing elevation for the instrument point is overwritten.