To manage scans
The Scans tab in the Layer manager screen lists the scan files and regions in the current job.
Use the Scans tab to hide or display scan files in the map and in the Video screen.
Scan files include scan point clouds (.rwcx files) from a Trimble SX10 or SX12 scanning total station and .tsf scan files created using a Trimble VX Series or S Series instrument that has Trimble VISION technology. For more information about using scans in Trimble Access, see Scan points and point clouds.
The color beside each scan from a Trimble SX10 or SX12 scanning total station indicates the color used for the point cloud if Scan color is selected as the Color mode for point clouds. See Point cloud options in the Map settings or Video settings.
Regions contain scan points from one or more scan point clouds. Create a region to include only the scan points you are most interested in.
To open the Layer manager, do one of the following:
- Tap in the Map toolbar or the Video toolbar.
- In the Job properties screen, tap the Layer manager button.
Select the Scans tab.
To automatically update the data shown in the Map
or Video screenas you make changes in the Layer manager, tap the Auto update softkey. A check mark on the Auto update softkey indicates Auto update is enabled.
Changes made when Auto update is enabled are retained when you exit the Layer manager using either the Accept or Esc key.
To hide a scan in the map and in the Video screen, tap the file name. The check mark inside a square next to the file name disappears.
To hide all scans, tap the None softkey.
To make a scan visible again, tap the file name. The check mark inside a square next to the file name appears, indicating scan points are visible and selectable ("active") in the map and in the Video screen.
To show all scans, tap the All softkey.
If you are interested in only some parts of the visible scan point clouds, create a region. A region can include points from multiple .rcwx scans or other regions.
Creating a region is especially useful when performing a surface inspection using the Scan to scan method. See Surface inspection.
- In the Scans tab of the Layer manager, make the scans and regions you are interested in visible, and hide all other scans and regions.
- In the map or video screen, select the scan points you want to include in the region.
- Tap and hold in the map or video screen and select Create region.
- Enter the region Name.
- Tap Accept.
- To make the region visible in the map and video view, tap the region name in the Scans tab of the Layer manager. The check mark inside a square next to the file name appears, indicating scan points in the region are visible and selectable ("active") in the map.
To see more clearly inside a point cloud, use the Limit box to exclude parts of the scan point cloud. See Limit box.
If required, use the Delete and Rename softkeys to manage regions and scans. To restore deleted items, use the Undelete option in Review job.