To set up code buttons for Measure codes
To quickly change the code on a code button, tap and hold the button on the Measure codes form and select a different code. When you save the change the software returns to the Measure codes form.
To edit multiple buttons, create or manage groups of code buttons, or to configure template pickup, use the Edit measure codes screen. To view the Edit measure codes screen, tap in the Measure codes form.
- Tap New group.
- Enter the Code group name.
- Tap Accept.
New groups are added after the current group. To add a group to the end of existing groups, ensure you select the last group before selecting Add group.
If you are not using a feature library that has groups defined, you must select the codes from the feature library that you want to appear on the form. You can define multiple pages of codes, each consisting of up to 25 codes.
- To edit an existing code group, select the group from the Group drop-down list.
To add a code to an empty button, tap the button and select the code from the list of codes in the feature library and then tap Enter.
- You can also select code buttons using the keypad. Navigate to the button using the arrow keys, and then press the Space key.
- To change the code assigned to a button:
- If the button is already highlighted, tap it once.
- If it is not already highlighted tap it once to highlight it and again to change it.
- To add another code to the same button, enter a space in the text field next to the first code, and then enter or select the second code. See To select feature codes.
- To change the number of code buttons that appear in the group, change the value in the Code button layout field. You may need to scroll down the Edit Measure codes screen to view this field.
- To reorder buttons in the group, if the button is not already highlighted, tap the button to select it and then tap the left arrow or right arrow softkey to move the button. The other buttons in the group shuffle automatically.
- To create a template so that when measuring groups of observations that are typically coded in a regular pattern the software automatically selects the appropriate code for the next observation, configure the settings in the Template pickup group. See To create a template of a measurement code sequence.
If required, you can also enter additional description fields that are not in the feature library. See Additional settings.
To change the number of code buttons that appear in the group, change the value in the Code button layout field. You may need to scroll down the Edit Measure codes screen to view this field.
The list of codes for each group is independent. For example, if you create codes for buttons using a 3x3 layout and then change the layout to 3x4, then three additional empty buttons are added to the group. The software does not move three buttons from any other group into the current group.
The codes defined for a group are remembered, even if they are not displayed. For example, if you create codes for buttons using a 3x4 layout and then change the layout to 3x3, only the first nine codes are displayed. If you change the layout back to 3x4, all twelve codes are displayed.
Use the Delete softkeys to delete buttons or groups. (In portrait mode, swipe right to left along the row of softkeys to view more softkeys.)
- To delete a button, tap the button to select it and then tap Delete. The other buttons in the group shuffle automatically to replace the deleted button.
- To delete the currently selected group, tap Delete group and then tap Yes.
- To delete all codes in the group, tap Delete all and then tap Yes.