You can generate reports from data uploaded from the field at any time once work has begun on the job. Use the reports to complete your data quality checks. If any issues are identified you can send the job back to the field for rework. Once you are happy with the data, you can export it to Trimble Business Center or other survey and civil engineering software.
Data uploaded from the field can include:
- All survey data including images and scan files.
- All design definition files in the job used for road or alignment staking and for tunnel scans, setout, or point in tunnel measurements.
- Any report files that were created using the Export function in Trimble Access.
- Select the job in the Project overview screen. The Review job screen appears.
- To view the job properties, expand the Job information section.
Reports are generated using the Trimble Access report stylesheets listed in the Reporting tab of the Project properties screen.
To generate reports from the job data uploaded from the field, in the Reports section click Generate.
To see the Reports section you must have added a Trimble Access report stylesheet to the project in the Reporting tab of the Project properties screen. See To add reports.
- To view a report, click the report name.
If there are issues with the job data, you can assign a rework task to a team member.
- Click Rework.
- Enter an Assignee.
- Enter a useful comment for the field user indicating the issue and/or how to remedy it. For example, Several points do not have elevation values.
- If required, select additional files to accompany the job. Files added in this screen cannot be linked to the job but can be linked in the field once the job updates are downloaded.
- Click Save.
- Notify the field user (for example, by email) that they need to refresh their project/job to download the new file and then link it to the job.
To export to Trimble Business Center:
- Start Trimble Business Center.
- Open the project to import the data to.
In Trimble Sync Manager, click Import to Trimble Business Center.
To see the Import to Trimble Business Center button you must have the Trimble Business Center software open.
The Select files to send to TBC dialog shows the files that are linked to the job that will be sent to Trimble Business Center with the JobXML file. The dialog shows all files linked to the job, except PDF files.
To change which files will be sent, select or clear the check box next to the file name and then click Send files. Hold down Shift or Ctrl to select multiple files.
If you do not want to send any linked files, click Skip files.
In Trimble Business Center, click Import in the Field data from Trimble Sync Manager notification.
To export to other software:
- In Trimble Sync Manager, click Download.
Select the folder to download the files to.
The files are downloaded and ready for import into your usual survey and civil engineering software.