To edit project properties
To manage project files, job templates or team members, edit the project properties. Alternatively, you can manage project files and add team members when you create a job.
Only administrators can edit project properties. For users who are not administrators the project properties are not shown. See To restrict visibility of jobs for field users.
To edit the project properties:
- In the Projects screen, click the project to open it.
- In the Project overview screen, click Properties next to the project name.
- Select each tab and make the required changes.
- Click Update at the bottom of the Project properties screen to send the changes to Trimble Connect.
- To return to the Project overview screen, click Project overview at the top of the Project properties screen.
To help identify the project, select the Details tab and edit:
- The project description.
- Customer reference information, such as the contact name, address, or reference number.
- The project location. To set this, pan and zoom the map.
The value in the reference number field is used to populate the reference number field in the Create a job screen, enabling you to easily append additional information to the reference number for each job.
In Trimble Access the description, customer reference, and location information appears with the project name in the Projects screen.
The Template tab in the Project properties screen shows job template (JXL) files you have added to the project. You can add templates by saving a job as a template in the Project overview screen or by adding an existing file to the project in the Template tab.
For more information, see Managing job templates.
The Reference tab in the Project properties screen shows files that are attached to all jobs in the project and are downloaded to the controller with the project.
Adding new files applies to all new jobs subsequently created for the project, but adding new files does not affect jobs that have been downloaded to the controller. For a list of file types you can add to the project, see Supported files.
To add reference files to the project:
- In the Project properties screen, select the Reference tab.
- To add individual files, click and then click . Browse to the location of the files and select them.
- To add all the files in a folder located on a network drive or your local drive:
- Click and then click .
Browse to the location of the folder and select it. Click Select Folder.
All files inside the folder and any subfolders in the folder are added.
- To add files to the project from Trimble Connect:
- Click . The Select Connect files dialog shows reference files that you have previously uploaded to Trimble Connect for any project.
- If there are a large number of files, enter all or part of the filename or file extension required.
- Click each you want to add so that a checkmark appears next to it, and then click Add Files.
If a file you have added to the project is incorrect or incomplete (for example, a list of points in a CSV file), you can delete the file from the Reference files tab of the Project properties screen and then add it back. As long as the file has the same file name as the file you deleted, the cloud icon on the controller will indicate there are changes to the job to be downloaded.
To generate reports when reviewing jobs in the project, use the Reporting tab in the Project properties screen to add the XSL stylesheet files that define what to include in each report type.
You can add your own stylesheets, or you can download standard stylesheets from the Trimble Access Downloads page and then customize them if required and add them.
To download and add stylesheets:
- In the Project properties screen, select the Reporting tab.
- To add a standard stylesheet:
- Locate the report format type by expanding the appropriate category at the bottom of the screen and select the zip file.
- In the Stylesheet download folder dialog, navigate to the location where you want to store the zip file and click Select folder. The zip file is downloaded from the Trimble Access Downloads page.
- In File Explorer, unzip the downloaded zip file. The zip file contains the report file (usually an XSL file) and a JPG showing an example report.
- If required, customize the XLS file using a text editor.
- Use File Explorer to drag the XSL file from a network location and drop it into the Reporting tab in Trimble Sync Manager, or click Add to browse to the folder and select the file.
For more information on generating reports for the job, see Reviewing jobs.
The Team tab in the Project properties screen shows the people assigned to the project and their administration rights.
Team members are automatically added to the project when you assign jobs to them.
To invite multiple users at once, create a .csv file that specifies the email address, group, and role for each user. For Trimble Sync Manager, the group is typically left blank, so the .csv file format will be: email, , role.
For more information, see Managing team members.
To schedule automated download of project files from the cloud to a folder on your computer or network, use the Download tab in the Project properties screen.
You can schedule periodic downloads at regular intervals during the day, daily downloads, or you can just manually download files as required.
For more information, see Project download settings.