Show in video options
To configure the information that is shown in the video screen, tap and then select an option from the list. The available settings depend on the connected instrument.
Settings are grouped as follows:
To change the information shown in the video screen, tap the check box(es) to show or hide:
- name labels next to points
- code labels next to points
- points in point clouds
To change the color used for labels, select it from the Overlay color list.
To configure the display of point clouds:
- Select the Scan point size.
Select the Color mode for the point cloud.
Select... To... Scan color Indicate the scan the points belong to Station color Indicate the station used to measure the points Gray scaled intensity Indicate the reflective intensity of points using a gray scale Cloud color Show all points the same color
Point clouds are shown only if the connected instrument is a Trimble SX10 scanning total station.
Enable Autostore snapshot to automatically store captured images.
If Autostore snapshot is not selected, the image is displayed before storing, enabling you to Draw on the image.
Enable Snapshot on measure to automatically capture a snapshot after a measurement is taken from the video screen.
Enable Annotate snapshot to add an information panel and crosshairs for the measured position to the image.
If the Annotate snapshot check box is not available, enable the Snapshot on measure check box first.
Select the Crosshair checkbox to add the crosshair for the measured position.
Select the items from the Annotate options group to display in the information panel at the bottom of the image.
To display descriptions in the information panel, select the Descriptions item and then go to Job properties and select Use descriptions and define the description labels in the Additional settings screen.
To save a copy of the original image to the <project>\<job name> Files\Original Files folder, select Save original image.
If you do not have a job open, images are saved to the current project folder and original images are saved to the Original Files folder inside the current project folder.
The information panel is not displayed when the image is captured. To view the information panel, go to Review job and select the image.
The Photo properties group controls the settings for images captured using the instrument.
- Set the file name, image size, and compression.
- File names are automatically incremented from the start file name. The image captured is always the same size as the video display on screen. Not all image sizes are available at all zoom levels. The higher the quality of the image, the larger the file size of the captured image.
- With High Dynamic Range (HDR) selected, the instrument captures three images rather than one image, each with different exposure settings. During HDR processing in Trimble Business Center, the three images are combined to produce a composite image that has better tonal range to show more detail than any of the individual images.
Select the scan(s) to display.
If the connected instrument is a Trimble SX10 scanning total station, the color beside each scan indicates the color used for the point cloud if Scan color is selected as the Color mode in the Settings / Point cloud options.