Viewing data in the Pipeline dashboard
To view the Pipeline dashboard, in the Project overview screen:
- Click the pipeline when the status of all uploaded tally and joint map data is Merged.
- Click alongside the pipeline name and select Pipeline dashboard.
Use the Pipeline dashboard to:
- View and edit the current contents of the master tally set.
- View and generate pipeline tally reports.
To view the master tally file, expand the Joints section.
To view the master joint map record file, close the Joints section and then expand the Joint mappings section.
To sort items by column, click the column header. For example, to sort joints by check status, tap the Checked column in the Joints section.
To search for items, enter the search term in the field above the appropriate table. For example, if you have a standard way of recording PUPs, for example using a suffix denoting a PUP, enter that in the search field to view all PUPs.
To edit a particular item, click inside the appropriate cell. Position and Timestamp cells are read-only.
To remove a joint from the master tally file, click next to the appropriate row. The contents of the row are struck through, indicating the item will be deleted when your edits are published to the master tally set. To cancel the delete, click again.
To save your changes, click the Publish new master button.
To view the Reports section, close the Joints and Joint mappings sections and then expand the Reports section.
The Reports section shows the latest reports for the master tally set. If the report name is a blue link, click the report name link to view the most recently generated report. If the report name is black, then a report has not yet been generated.
The list of pipeline tally reports shown is set in the Pipeline properties tab and is shared across all pipelines in that project. See To set up Pipeline reports. Information on the as-built pipeline are contained in job reports. You can generate job reports from the the Review job screen. See Reviewing jobs.
To generate or regenerate reports from the master tally set:
- In the Reports section of the Pipeline dashboard, click Generate.
- To show changes to the master tally set from a specific date range, enter the Optional start date and Optional end date. These dates apply to most, but not all reports.
By default all reports are selected. If there are some reports you do not want to generate at this time, clear the check box for that report.
If there are report types listed that you never use, select the Job reports tab in the Project properties screen and delete the Pipeline tally report types that you do not use.
- To select options for each report type, click the arrow next to the report name and select your preferred options. For example, for some reports you can select how items are ordered in the report or you can select the joint types to include.
Once a report has been generated, the report name becomes a link. Click the link to view the report.
To download the master tally file set and the latest reports from the server, click Download and then select the location to save the files to.
If you have made edits in the Pipeline dashboard the Download button is disabled until you click Publish new master to save the changes to the master tally set.
To reset all the changes you have made in the Pipeline dashboard, click the back arrow without clicking Publish new master.